Dr Alka Prakash's publications
Alka joined Cambridge IVF in 2011, bringing with her over five years of experience in reproductive medicine and surgery. Alka is the Lead Consultant at Cambridge IVF and she's the quality lead for the medical team.
1. Gudipati M, Pearce K, Prakash A, et al. (2013) The sperm donor programme over 11 years at Newcastle Fertility Centre. Human Fertility, 16(4), 258-265.
2. Basak S and Prakash A, (2013) Investigations and treatment for primary amenorrhoea. (Review) Obstetrics, gynaecology and reproductive medicine 23(12) 364-369.
3. Prakash A and Mathur R. (2013) Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. Review article for the obstetrician and gynaecologists 15, 31-5.
4. Sindhu V C and Prakash A, (2011) Prevention and management of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Case based Learning for Obstetrics, gynaecology and reproductive medicine 21(1), 20-23.
5. Tuckerman E, Mariee N, Prakash A, Li T C and Laird S. (2010) Uterine natural killer cells in peri-implantation endometrium from women with repeated implantation failure after IVF. Journey of Reproductive Immunology 87(1-2) 60-6.
6. Prakash A. (2010) Immunological tests and therapies in Reproductive medicine. Minerva Ginecology 62(3) 253-60.
7. Prakash A, Karasu T and Mathur R. (2009) Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome: pathophysiology, prevention and management. Review article for Obstetrics, gynaecology and reproductive medicine 19(9), 247-252.
8. Prakash A, Tuckerman E, Laird S, Ola B, Li T C and Ledger W L. (2008) A preliminary study comparing the endometrial expression of inhibin, activin and follistatin in women with a history of implantation failure after IVF treatment and a control group. British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 115 (4), 532–537.
9. Tuckerman E, Laird S, Prakash A and Li T C. (2007) Prognostic value of the measurement of uterine natural killer (uNK) cells in the endometrium of women with recurrent miscarriage. Human Reproduction 22: 2208-2213.
10. Prakash A, Li T C, Tuckerman E, Laird S, Wells M and Ledger W L. (2006). A study of luteal phase expression of inhibin, activin and follistatin subunits in the endometrium of women with recurrent miscarriage. Fertility and Sterility, 86:6: 1723-30.
12. Prakash A, Li T C, Laird S, Nargund G and Ledger W L. (2006) Absence of follicular phase defect in women with recurrent miscarriage. Fertility and Sterility, 85:6: 1784-1790.
13. Prakash A, Laird S, Li T C and Ledger W L. (2006). A preliminary prospective study of the endocrinology of conception cycles and early pregnancy in women with antiphospholipid syndrome treated with low molecular weight heparin. Fertility and Sterility, 85:1: 165-170.
14. Prakash A, Laird S, Tuckerman E, Li T C and Ledger W L. (2005). Inhibin A, activin A may be used to predict pregnancy outcome in women with recurrent miscarriage. Fertility and Sterility, 83:6: 1758-1763.
15. Prakash A and Ola B. (2004). Heparin/ aspirin therapy for implantation failure in IVF cycles. Fertility and Sterility. (Letter)
16. Prakash A, Li T C and Ledger W L. (2004) Ovarian Cyst in premenopausal age group. The Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, 6, no.1.
17. Prakash A, Sharma K and Chowdhury V. (2000) The role of hysteroscopy in evaluation of Infertility. The Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology of India, 50:6.
Published and refereed abstracts:
1. Gudipati M, Stewart J, Prakash A. (2011) Can AMH be used to improve the efficiency of the limited resources in assisted conception?9th International RCOG Meeting, Athens, Greece.
2. Gudipati M, Redhead G, Hemingway V, McEleny K, Prakash A, Stewart J. (2011). How has the disclosure of donor information act affected the donor programme at a tertiary care fertility centre in the UK? 27TH Annual meeting of ESHRE, Stockholm, Sweden.
3. Prakash A, Li T C, Ledger W L. (2005). A comparative analysis of expression of Beta A subunit of inhibin/ activins molecule in the endometrium of women with history of recurrent miscarriage and a healthy control group. The 6th international RCOG meeting, Cairo, Egypt.
4. Amer S A K, Laird S, Prakash A, Li T C, Ledger WL. (2005). Effect of laparoscopic ovarian diathermy on circulating inhibin B in women with anovulatory polycystic ovarian syndrome: a possible new mechanism. 21st Annual meeting of ESHRE, Copenhagen, Denmark.
5. Ledger W L, Prakash A. (2004) Endocrinology of normal menstrual cycle. Abstract for RCOG meeting, Chronic Anovulation.
6. Prakash A, Tuckerman E, Laird S, Li T C,Ledger W L.(2004) Activin A and Inhibin A: Correlation of pregnancy outcome in recurrent miscarriage. P-446. ESHRE(European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology), Berlin, Germany.
7. Prakash A, Cutting R, Lashen H. (2003) Superovulation and Intrauterine insemination for unexplained infertility: The role of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone agonist stimulation test (GAST). ThP33. XVII FIGO World Congress, Santiago, Chile.
1. Annual association of clinical embryologists (ACE) meeting. (Invited lecture), Sheffield 2014. Title: Optimizing Embryo Transfer.
2. Subfertility and Assisted Conception RCOG Course, London 2012, London 2013. (Annually invited lecture) Title: Female work up.
3. Reproductive medicine 2010, London 2010. (Invited lecture) Title: Ovarian Hyperstimulation and other complications following IVF.
4. Blair Bell Memorial Lectureship 2009, RCOG, London, April 2009. Title: Feto-maternal dialogue in very early pregnancy: A possible role of Inhibin- A and Activin-A in early pregnancy failure.
5. Trent SpR Presentation skills day, Sheffield, January 2007. First Prize.Title: Endocrinological profile of women with recurrent miscarriage and heparin therapy.
6. Rachael Morrison Lecture, TENS society meeting, Chepstow, October 2006.Title: A study comparing the endometrial expression of inhibin, activin and follistatin in women with a history of implantation failure after IVF treatment and a control group.
8. Endocrinology and Reproductive Theme Endocrine Workshop, Sheffield, April 2005. Title: Endocrinology of early pregnancy and recurrent miscarriage.
9. All India ART Congress, Khajuraho, India, November 2004. Title: Doppler ultrasonography in assessing luteal function in patients with recurrent miscarriage.
10.Trent region training day, Sheffield, October 2004. Title: Role of perifollicular/ endometrial Doppler in assessment of women with recurrent pregnancy loss.
11. The Trent Region SPR presentation day. Sheffield, 23 January 2004. Title: Ethics in Reproductive Medicine. Received second prize.
12. The Blaire Bell Research Competition meeting 4-5 December 2003, London. Title: Inhibin- A as a predictor of pregnancy outcome in patients with recurrent miscarriage.
Find out more about our lead consultant Dr Alka Prakash.