Dr Miriam Baumgarten's publications
Miriam is originally from the Netherlands and trained in fertility treatment in Brussels in one of the world’s best known centres. Miriam's main interests are male infertility and reducing risk in ovarian stimulation.
1. Lukasz T. Polanski, Miriam N. Baumgarten, Jan Brosens, Siobhan Quenby, Bruce Campbell, Wellington Martins, Nick Raine-Fenning: Endometrial spatio-temporal image correlation (STIC) and prediction of outcome following assisted reproductive treatment. European journal of obstetrics, gynecology, and reproductive biology 06/2016; 203. DOI:10.1016/j.ejogrb.2016.06.015
2. Miriam Baumgarten: Avoiding and managing complications in gynaecological surgery. Obstetrics Gynaecology & Reproductive Medicine 06/2016; DOI:10.1016/j.ogrm.2016.05.002
3. R M Ebbing, M N Baumgarten, G F A J B V Tilborg, P J H M Reuwer: Delayed postpartum abdominal bleeding caused by a spontaneous ruptured branch of the internal iliac artery and successfully treated by arterial embolisation. BMJ Case Reports 06/2015; 2015(jun08 1). DOI:10.1136/bcr-2014-208461
4. Lukasz T Polanski, Miriam N Baumgarten, Jan J Brosens, Siobhan M Quenby, Bruce K Campbell, Wellington P Martins, Nick J Raine-Fenning: 4-D Assessment of Endometrial Vascularity Using Spatiotemporal Image Correlation: A Study Comparing Spherical Sampling and Whole-Tissue Analysis. Ultrasound in medicine & biology 08/2015; 41(11). DOI:10.1016/j.ultrasmedbio.2015.06.002
5. LT Polanski, MN Baumgarten, NJ Raine-Fenning, K Jayaprakasan. (2015) Doppler ultrasound in infertility. In Rizk and Puscheck (ed.) Ultrasonography in Gynaecology. Cambridge University Press pp245-259.
6. Baumgarten M and Polanski L (2014) Assessing Complications of Assisted Reproduction Treatment. In Jayaprakasan K, Panchal S (ed.) Ultrasound in Subfertility, Routine Applications & Diagnostic Challenges. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers pp131-144.
7. Polanski LT, Baumgarten MN, Quenby S, Brosens J, Campbell BK and Raine-Fenning NJ. (2014) What exactly do we mean by ‘recurrent implantation failure’? A systematic review and opinion. Reproductive biomedicine online.
8. Culley L, Law C, Hudson N, Denny E, Mitchell H, Baumgarten M, Raine-Fenning N. (2013) The social and psychological impact of endometriosis on women's lives: a critical narrative review. Human Reproduction Update. (6):625-39.
9. Polanski LT, Baumgarten MN, Martins WP, Campbell B and, Raine-Fenning NJ. (2013) Endometrial injury reduces local blood flow without affecting endometrial growth and increases the chance of pregnancy: preliminary results from a RCT. OC09.05: Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology 42(s1).
10. L T Polanski, M A P Barbosa, W P Martins, M N Baumgarten, B Campbell, J Brosens, S Quenby, N Raine-Fenning: Interventions to improve reproductive outcomes in women with elevated natural killer cells undergoing assisted reproduction techniques: A systematic review of literature. Human Reproduction 11/2013; 29(1). DOI:10.1093/humrep/det414
11. Baumgarten MN, Polanski LT, Campbell B and Raine-Fenning NJ. (2013) Cervical length increases in first trimester pregnancies of women undergoing in vitro fertilization treatment. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology 42(s1).
12. Baumgarten MN, Polanski LT, Campbell B and Raine-Fenning NJ. (2013) Placenta localisation in first trimester pregnancies of women undergoing in vitro fertilization treatment. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology 42(s1).
13. Baumgarten MN, Polanski LT, Campbell B and Raine-Fenning NJ. (2013) Fundal length decreases in first trimester pregnancies of women undergoing in vitro fertilization treatment. OP06.03: Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology 42(s1).
14. Baumgarten MN and Holsbeke C van. (2013) An illustrated case report of the diagnosis, treatment and follow up of Cesarean scar pregnancy occurring twice in the same patient. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology 42(s1).
15. Miyague AH, Raine-Fenning NJ, Pavan TZ, Polanski LT, Baumgarten MN, Nastri CO and Martins WP. (2013)Influence of gain adjustment on 3-dimensional power Doppler indices and on spatiotemporal image correlation volumetric pulsatility indices using a flow phantom. Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine. (10):1831-6.
16. Baumgarten M, Polanski L, Campbell B and Raine-Fenning N. (2013) Do dopamine agonists prevent or reduce the severity of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome in women undergoing assisted reproduction? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Human Fertility (3):168-74.
17. Polanski LT, Barbosa MA, Martins WP, Baumgarten MN, Campbell B, Brosens J, Quenby S, Raine-Fenning N. (2013) Interventions to improve reproductive outcomes in women with elevated natural killer cells undergoing assisted reproduction techniques: a systematic review of literature. Human Reproduction (1):65-75.
18. Lorraine Culley, Caroline Law, Nicky Hudson, Elaine Denny, Helene Mitchell, Miriam Baumgarten, Nick Raine-Fenning: The social and psychological impact of endometriosis on women's lives: A critical narrative review. Human Reproduction Update 07/2013; 19(6). DOI:10.1093/humupd/dmt027
19. W. P. Martins, C. O. Nastri, T. Z. Pavan, A. H. Miyague, L. T. Polanski, M. N. Baumgarten, N. J. Raine‐Fenning: Influence of Gain Adjustment On Three-Dimensional Power Doppler Indices and On Stic Volumetric Pulsatility Indices Using an In Vitro Flow Phantom Experiment. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology 09/2012; 40(S1). DOI:10.1002/uog.11416
20. L. T. Polanski, M. N. Baumgarten, N. J. Raine‐Fenning: OP36.07: Spatio-temporal image correlation (STIC) of whole endometrium: evaluation of the intra and inter observer reliability of acquisition and measurement. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology 09/2012; 40(S1). DOI:10.1002/uog.11746
21. Baumgarten MN, Polanski LT and Spatio NJ. (2012) Temporal Image Correlation (STIC) for analysis of whole ovarian blood flow. Raine-Fenning: OP36.10: Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology 40(S1).
22. Stoop D, Baumgarten M, Haentjens P, Polyzos NP, De Vos M, Verheyen G, Camus M and Devroey P. (2012) Obstetric outcome in donor oocyte pregnancies: a matched-pair analysis. Reproductive Biology Endocrinology 6;10:42.
23. Baumgarten MN and Mestdagh G. (2011) Unique coincidence of ovarian and tubal teratoma. Gynaecology Surgery 8;447.
24. Christophe Blockeel, Miriam Baumgarten, Michel De Vos, Greta Verheyen, Paul Devroey: Administration of GnRH Antagonists in Case of Elevated Progesterone at Initiation of the Cycle: A Prospective Cohort Study. Current pharmaceutical biotechnology 03/2011; 12(3). DOI:10.2174/138920111794480633
25. Baumgarten MN, Stoop D, Haentjes P, Verheyen G, De Schrijver F, Liebaers I, Camus M, Bonduelle M and Devroey P. (2010) Oocyte donation is a risk factor for first trimester bleeding and pregnancy induced hypertension but without effect on the perinatal outcome. Human Reproduction 25 (suppl 1): i236-i260.
26. Blockeel C, Baumgarten M, De Vos M, Verheyen G and Devroey P. (2010) Administration of GnRH Antagonists in Case of Elevated Progesterone at Initiation of the Cycle: A Prospective Cohort Study. Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology 12: 423–428.
27. Miriam Baumgarten: Een voldragen extra-uteriene stuitbevalling. Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Obstetrie en Gynaecologie 06/2004; 117.
1. Miriam Baumgarten, Botros Rizk: Complications of Ovulation Induction: Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. Ovulation Induction: Evidence Based Guidelines for Daily Practice (Reproductive Medicine and Assisted Reproductive Techniques Series), Edited by Ben J. Cohlen, Evert J. P. van Santbrink, Joop S. E. Laven, 11/2016: chapter 24; CRC Press (26 Oct. 2016)., ISBN: 978-1-4987-0407-6
2. LT Polanski, Miriam Baumgarten: Doppler ultrasound in infertility. Ultrasonography in Gynaecology, Edited by Botros R. M. B. Rizk, Elizabeth E. Puscheck, 02/2015; Cambridge University Press., ISBN: 978-1-107-02974-3
3. Miriam Baumgarten, LT Polanski: Assessing Complications of Assisted Reproduction Treatment. Ultrasound in Subfertility, Routine Applications & Diagnostic Challenges, Edited by Jayaprakasan K, Panchal S, 01/2014; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers., ISBN: 978-9351520108
Find out more about Dr Miriam Baumgarten.