Improve your chances of IVF success with EmbryoScope
Advanced time-lapse imaging helps select the best embryos for IVF
In the field of IVF, one of the biggest challenges is to select the embryo most likely to result in the birth of a healthy baby.
Improve your chances
Currently, embryologists must remove the embryo from the incubator to perform three or four brief evaluations of the developing embryo, at fixed time-points over three to five days, in order to assess embryo quality. The evaluation time allowed for these snap-shot evaluations is limited by the need to minimise the time embryos spend outside of the safe environment of the incubator and avoid stress to the embryo.
Now IVF professionals have another possibility: Vitrolife’s time-lapse solution. The EmbryoScope time-lapse system consists of a state-of-the-art embryo culture incubator, advanced EmbryoViewer software for improved embryo selection, and EmbryoSlide culture dish for safe embryo handling.
How does EmbryoScope work?
The EmbryoScope time-lapse system allows IVF professionals to monitor your embryos through the full course of their development. The specially designed EmbryoScope incubator with a built in camera and microscope takes an image of your embryos every ten minutes. As a result, time-lapse videos of individual embryos are generated over the two to five days they remain in the incubator while the embryos stay undisturbed in their stable culture environment. Advanced software allows the IVF professional to use the embryo development information to select the best embryos.
Your clinic can choose the embryos with the highest chances
Observing features of early embryo development is important for evaluating its further developmental potential. The information gained from using EmbryoScope ensures that the IVF professional has the best information possible to decide which embryos to transfer. This is a key factor for obtaining a healthy pregnancy. Additionally, a decision support tool is available which was developed using information about the characteristics of embryos which are known to result in pregnancy. This information is gathered from thousands of patient cycles performed worldwide.*
Is EmbryoScope for me?
Using the information gained with EmbryoScope has the potential to improve IVF success. Being able to select a single embryo with highest development potential allows for similar pregnancy rates as multiple transfers while lowering the risks associated with multiple pregnancy1,2. Moreover, selecting embryos using EmbryoScope image information has been reported to significantly reduce miscarriage rate as compared with standard methods3,4.
Finally, EmbryoScope is also good news also for older patients as improved pregnancy rates have been reported for patients of all ages3.
Your benefits as a patient
- EmbryoScope supports better embryo development by providing an undisturbed culture environment4,5.
- EmbryoScope supports improved IVF- treatment by providing IVF-professionals with a better basis to identifying the embryos with the best chance of resulting in a pregnancy.
- EmbryoScope is the most widely adopted time-lapse system worldwide with documented improved clinical outcome.
- To find out more about EmbryoScope and how it can improve your IVF treatment speak to your IVF clinic.
- This product is currently not available in the US
1. McLernon et al. BMJ. 2010 (341): c6945.
2. López-Regalado et al. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2014 (178): p. 192-8.
3. Barrie, A., et al. Fertil Steril, 2013. 100(3): p. S248.
4. Rubio, I., et al. Fertil Steril, 2014.
5. Zhang, J.Q., et al. Reprod Biomed Online, 2010. 20(4): p. 510-5